The EU residence permit for long-term residents replaced, in January 2007, the residence card for foreigners. This document is issued for an indefinite period and can only be claimed by those who have had a valid residence permit for at least 5 years.
- 5 years of Residence Permit;
- A valid Permit (must not be expired on the day of the application);
- Italian language Certificate (or middle school level CILS A2 or examination at the Prefecture);
- SUITABLE HOUSING CERTIFICATION;
-Annual income: for each individual with nobody in charge, the social-security-check amount is required. For each family member, half the social allowance should be added. The applicant must demonstrate the following minimum annual gross income:
-Request for oneself: € 5,824,91;
- Request for oneself and one dependent family member: € 8.737,36;
- Request for oneself and 2 dependent family members: € 11.649,82;
- Request for oneself and 3 dependent family members: € 14.562,27;
- Request for oneself and 4 dependent family members: € 17.474,73;
- It remains indefinitely, as is also the commitment to update the picture every 5 years. If you do not update the picture, the document is no longer valid as a means of identification, but remains valid as a document to stay within the European Union.
- The foreigner applying for a residence card must complete the postal kit and go to the post office to mail it, equipped with Original Permit and Passport.
There are different types of Residence Cards:
- RESIDENCE CARD FOR EMPLOYEES;
- RESIDENCE CARD FOR SELF-EMPLOYED;
- RESIDENCE CARD FOR FAMILY;
- PROLONGATION OF STAY CARD.