It is called Temporary Stay Permit when, at the time of renewal of the Stay Permit for employment purposes, the employee has an employment contract but is registered as unemployed. The loss of a job is no reason for the revocation of a residence permit for a non-EU worker and his legal family members.
A foreigner who lost their job due to termination or resignation, must report, within 40 days from the date of termination of the employment contract, at the Centro per l'Impiego-Anagrafe del Lavoro (Employment Center) and make a statement concerning the end of the previous activity and the immediate availability to work.
It is very important to acknowledge that the 12 month-period starts when the work contract is interrupted and not when the Stay Permit expires. In practice, the following documents are required:
• PHOTOCOPY OF RESIDENCE PERMIT;
• PASSPORT COPY;
• CUD 2017;
• LAST PAYCHECKS;
• TERMINATION OR RESIGNATION LETTER;
• REPORT FROM EMPLOYMENT CENTER;
• RESIDENCE CARD and FAMILY STATUS in AUTOCERTIFICATION.
Costs to be paid at the Post office:
• 16,00€ tax stamp (available in cigarette booths)
• 100,46€ (70,46€ for the postal payment slip and 30€ for the postal kit), to have a residence permit from 3 months to 1 year;
• 30,46€ postal payment slip for each minor child dependents.